Red emerald crab?

Clarinuto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LiveAquaria sent me this guy in place of the emerald crab I ordered. Is this an emerald crab or not? I thought they were all green. I got one to eat bubble algae.
71987ed90b146cbe8f21fdd2828b9346.jpg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a Mithrax crab. Same crab basically

OP
OP
Clarinuto

Clarinuto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a Mithrax crab. Same

Ugh. Sigh. This is the third thing from this order that is incorrect. I also ordered a purple grape cristata (they sent green) and a cream/white pearl bubble coral (they sent dark green). What the heck!?

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. Sigh. This is the third thing from this order that is incorrect. I also ordered a purple grape cristata (they sent green) and a cream/white pearl bubble coral (they sent dark green). What the heck!?
Have you contacted them ?

OP
OP
Clarinuto

Clarinuto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you contacted them ?

I wrote support about each issue and included pictures. I haven’t heard back about any of them yet, but I am sure I will. It’s just strange. I’ve had something be doa but it was always what I ordered. 3/5 items being wrong is so weird.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote support about each issue and included pictures. I haven’t heard back about any of them yet, but I am sure I will. It’s just strange. I’ve had something be doa but it was always what I ordered. 3/5 items being wrong is so weird.
That is odd. The two crabs basically do the same job.

IgnatiusRath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer them over the green ones actually. Both colors seem to eat bubble algae in my experience, i just like the red/ pink ones for their color more.

OP
OP
Clarinuto

Clarinuto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so here's the verdict! LiveAquaria said I basically got a deal on the crab because it is the exact same (they are just more commonly found as green) and that this color variety typically sells for $40. They want me to wait a week to ensure that the cristata is actually green and not purple (which is fine but its pretty clearly green to me so I don't expect it to change, but who knows). They did agree that the wrong bubble coral was sent and are sending me the right one to be delivered tomorrow.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 68 74.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back